Tuesday, February 23, 2016

ALL PINK EVERYTHING

My mom reminded me of a bit of my childhood, the Christmas of 1985, where Santa brought my brother and I bicycles and accompanying goodies.

My bike was sparkly pink, glitter streamers, white woven basket. Duh.


I also received pink outfits, hair accessories, new Keds, pink pom pom socks, and a giant backpack that looked like a stuffed koala bear. So the koala bear looked like it WAS. ON. MY. BACK.
Heavenly.


Some children might spread these gifts out, wearing one item on one day, saving the others for later.
But NOT this child.


I can distinctly remember gearing UP in head to toe pink, strapping that koala on my back, straightening the new pink headband with a bow. On a pink bike mission. Straight to grandma's house, two blocks away.


Life is short, friends.


WEAR ALL THE PINK AND KOALAS.


When the victories come, enjoy them. Soak them in. Appreciate the moments, even if the victory is for two blocks to your grandma's house. Even if there is a chance you might get dirty, that you might rip something, that you might fall.


Ride that victory ride, pink bicycle and all.


"And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell about Gideon,Barak, Samson and Jephthah, about David and Samuel and the prophets, who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword;whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies."Hebrews 11:32-34

No comments: