Tuesday, May 27, 2014

FOR THOSE

There are decisions to be made.

I'll just sum this up: that it is more important to me to live a life of experience with those around me, those that I love.

And it is not just about what's important to me. It is about what God calls me to do as a partner, a mother, a friend and a human.




The Bull and I did the "Murph" yesterday, first time for me. For those not in the cult Crossfit, the "Murph" is a workout done in honor or memory of a man or woman who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our daily freedoms. I have done many, nut never "Murph".

The workout is a one mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 air squats, ending with a mile run.



















We watched Lone Survivor the night before, the movie account of this true, epic tale of Navy Lt. Michael Murphy. The movie closed with images of these soldiers with their families and comrades, with babies, treasured hobbies, dancing first wedding dances. Embraced in the daily liberties that I enjoy and sometimes even get frustrated with and argue with.

How dare I lose my patience with the child? How dare I selfishly grumble about dishes? Or cutting massive amounts of broccoli into tiny pieces because OK HE'S RIGHT and it is better when it's smaller and it fits in our tupperware. FINE.



It's also better to measure the turkey in a bowl rather than on the flat tupperware lid. This man is ALWAYS RIGHT. Thanks, God. Humble pie. Served. Gah.



I ran the last mile and my mind raced with thoughts. Gratitude. Disbelief of my blessings. Renewed commitment to more eucharisto, less complaining. More time with these people. These hearts.




Crossfit is more than a workout. It is a community. It is shared experience. It is being here, now. And I need it back, ever so desperately.


No comments: