Tuesday, June 3, 2014

BLIND

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you." - Romans 12:3

Dripping sweat after a monster workout at Crossfit yesterday, a woman approached me and introduced herself. This is very norm; our community thrives on being welcoming and warm. I shook her hand and then she started...

"You look really amazing. What do you eat? Paleo? Something else?" she asked.

It caught me completely off guard. Every time.

Now, don't get all nuts on me. I am very proud of the goals I've reached and the progress I have made and I am learning every day about my body. How to love it and respect it and train it and care for it.

But mentally...the improvements haven't registered completely. I forget.




















Ya'll, he fell in love with me as a 29% body fat-having-cinder-block-Crossfitter. The picture on the right is THE DAY we met, December 24, 2013 at the 12 Days of Christmas WOD. What was he THINKING? Thank you Jesus, for this gift of a man. Please restore his vision. Yeah.

And this very situation reminded me of something important - how good it feels to share and help. I truly believe that is the reason The Bull and I were put on this Earth, with a Godly calling to help others and encourage.

So we chatted about nutrition and training and it was warm and fuzzy and I held in a completely inappropriate hug because The Bull was waiting and he dislikes when I make people and situations awkward, I do it so often. But as I got IV buckled in, threw my bag in the car and loaded up, I realized that the clarity comes from these moments.

You can do this for you. And you can do it for others too. There's balance in the process. Hand up, hand out.

No comments: